not quite what your grandma used to make...

Saturday, October 9, 2010

A little post about a little bird.

A new addition to the collection: my little stuffed BlueBirds.


Made from up-cycled fabrics (specifically worn out old jeans) and scraps from projects past - these little birds are cuddly soft and awfully cute ;)


They're machine sewn, hand stuffed, and have hand sewn details.


And did I mention they were tough and durable?


The first one I made I gave to the pups to test out for weak spots and general durability.  It took a rough game of tug for the two of them to puncture it - followed by the rest of the week of Kinsey being obsessed with pulling out ALL of its stuffing.  (And I don't think kids are as rough as the two of them).  

The stuffing-less BlueBird is still one of her favorite toys.

(Kinsey does not like to have her picture taken)

Well, back to the sewing machine.  Until next time - enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment