not quite what your grandma used to make...

Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Picnic in Portland


       So as I mentioned previously, last Saturday was the PICNIC Art and Music Festival here in Portland.  This is Picnic's third summer festival (and this winter will be their second holiday sale).  I took part in last years sale, but took this year off due to focus on my blogging, promoting, and mastering this whole internet thing.  


I made sure to get up on time on Saturday and dragged my fantastic Megs out of the house with a promise of good coffee and a breakfast sandwich so that I could be one of the fist 25 shoppers there.  Why? To receive on of the free goodie bags full of coupon and some free gifts! 


 While I waited in line for a bag Megs got quickly distracted by the bikes for sale.





Organized by the fantstic women that run Ferdinand and PineCone and Chickadee, there was row after row of great artists and their booths.  The amazing weather this year definitely helped - I was there early and it was already getting packed! 























There were so many great handmade goodies - I left with a lot of inspiration and one splurge.  What did I get?



A new bike!  Just a cute old beater 3-speed to tool around one.  There's a few more months of bike riding weather left, right? 

Enjoy your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment